World Leaders in Organic Peroxides
Here are just a few of the major initiator groups we provide, which have made us leaders in the manufacturing of organic peroxides. For detailed descriptions, use the Product Finder to look up an organic peroxide by its chemical name.
- Ketone Peroxides: These products are the workhorse organic peroxides of the ambient temperature cure processes. Included are Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxides (MEKP), Acetyl Acetone Peroxide (AAP), and Methyl Isobutyl Ketone Peroxide (MIBKP). These formulations enable almost every type of cure process.
- Organic Peroxide Mixtures: Some difficult cure applications require a blend of ketone peroxide (MEKP, AAP or MIBKP) with other organic peroxides, such as hydroperoxides, peroxyesters, and peroxyketals. Syrgis currently offers a range of commercial mixtures for ambient and elevated temperature cure organic peroxides.
- Hydroperoxides: Cumene Hydroperoxide (CHP), Dicumyl Peroxide (DCP) and t-Butyl Hydroperoxide (70%) are organic peroxides that have applications in composites curing, vinyl polymer polymerization and crosslinking.
- Diacyl Peroxides: Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is an organic peroxide known for its unusual stability and performance in applications such as auto body fillers, specialty ambient and elevated temperature cure composites processes, and styrene polymerization. Products come in granular (water-wet), paste and liquid suspension forms, and all paste and liquid suspension formulations are free of any phthalate ester diluents (plasticizers).
- Peroxyesters, Peroxyketals and Peroxydicarbonates: An extensive line of these organic peroxide products is available from Syrgis for elevated temperature curing of polyester resin composites. (Availability varies by country and region due to transportation regulations.)
Know your application, but not sure of the organic peroxide? We will be glad to help you identify the right organic peroxide for your needs. Please contact us to discuss your particular application.
Organic Peroxide Product Finder
Please use the Product Finder on this page and throughout this web site to find groups of products that may interest you. You can use the Product Finder to locate our organic peroxides by these criteria:
- Chemical Name: Find organic peroxides according to formulation, even if you don't know the manufacturer or product name.
- Trade Name: Our Trade Names include Norox®, Andonox®, Benox® Pulcat®, MEC®and Superox®.
- Industry: Find your industry to view a list of organic peroxides that might help you deliver better products.
- Application: Look up our organic peroxides according to the many ways they are used.
- CAS Number: If you know the CAS Number of a particular organic peroxide formulation, we can take you directly to a description of the product.